The first Scotty Gee Radio morning show was today, with a different contest and a new way to track which songs were played. I decided to pay for a monthly subscription with autopo.st, which automatically posts the “Now Playing” track from Live365 to Twitter. It is my hope that this will add help me to get some new likes, retweets, and followers with the end goal of increasing my audience. It’s early days, but I did get a few retweets, likes, and a couple of new followers out of it, so early signs are good that it will help with engagement. Other than a couple of artists’ pictures being incorrect, it worked quite well!
A new game was played today, based on Rockbusters from Ricky Gervais, Steve Merchant, and Karl Pilkington on XFM (although hopefully, the clues made more sense than Karl’s often did). I gave a clue for three bands or artists that I was going to play during the show and anyone that could get the right answers would be entered into a draw for Scotty Gee Radio merch. I’ll give the clue below and then the answers after the playlist.
The clues were:
My mouth is kind of on fire.
That commotion isn’t very loud.
That chicken makes a little noise.
And now, for the list of songs played during today’s show.
- Two Hundred Grand – Sunshine – (Two Hundred Grand)
- Chapel Song – We Are Augustines – (Rise Ye Sunken Ships)
- Starry Eyes – The Records – (Smashes, Crashes, and Near Misses)
- Blitzkrieg Bop – Ramones – (Ramones)
- Hyacinth House – The Doors – (L.A. Woman)
- Closer – Nightmarathons – (Missing Parts)
- I Fought the Law – Dead Kennedys – (Give Me Convenience Or Give Me Death)
- Anarchy in the U.K. – Sex Pistols – (Never Mind the Bollocks, Here’s the Sex Pistols)
- The Wild and the Young – Quiet Riot – (QR III)
- Porno and Snuff Films – The Lawrence Arms – (Apathy and Exhaustion)
- Girl from the North Country – Bob Dylan – (The Freewheelin’ Bob Dylan)
- Sail On – The Mountain Goats – (Bitter Melon Farm)
- Poor Girl – X – (More Fun In the New World)
- I’m Your Broken Dog – The Bones of J.R. Jones – (Spirit’sFurnace)
- Barbary Coast (Later) – Conor Oberst – (Ruminations)
- In Your Head – Eminem – (Revival)
- walk away as the door slams (acoustic) – Lil Peep – (EVERYBODY’S EVERYTHING)
- Slip Into the Crowd – 39 Steps – (Slip Into the Crowd)
- Saturday Night’s Alright For Fighting – Flotsam and Jetsam – (No Place for Disgrace)
- Easy – Deer Tick – (Born on Flag Day)
- Sober to Death – Car Seat Headrest – (Twin Fantasy)
- One Too Many Nights – Pablo Dylan – (the Finest Somersault)
And now the answers to the clues, which nobody got, or at least didn’t write in:
My mouth is kind of on fire. – The Flaming Lips
That commotion isn’t very loud. – Quiet Riot
That chicken makes a little noise. – Lil Peep
Thanks for listening, and don’t forget to tune-in every Saturday from 8 – 10 p.m. and every Wednesday from 7 – 9 a.m. for Scotty Gee Radio.